Saturday 9 March 2013

Zine tutorial continued

Welcome back.   I hope you have mastered the folding technique from yesterday.

You need to decide what sort of paper you are going to use for your Spring Zine.  The thicker the paper or card the harder it is to fold successfully so I suggest you stay with either printer paper or cartridge paper.

There are various ways you could continue at this point.  You could cover the whole paper with gesso.  You could cover the paper with collage.  You could colour the paper with whatever media you choose.   Or you could wait and do each double page during the month in question.

This is a collaged example that I did in Rachelle Panagarry's workshop Journal Candy.

For my Spring Zine I decided to use a piece of cartridge paper that I ripped out of a sketchbook.  I folded the paper as shown yesterday and decided I would do a background over the whole paper.

Firstly I sprayed it with Dylusions inks.
 
Then I used the new Dylusions White Linen through a stencil and then dripped some lime and some blue spray ink onto the page.

I dried the paper and refolded it and here are the three double spreads to begin work on.

 


Now that you have made your zine and coloured or collaged the background you are ready to start on the March pages.

You can use the technique you learned with Susan on Wednesday or you could stamp and add other layers which are related to March.  You could add a quote or a Bible verse.

I look forward to seeing what you do.  Please add your page on the linky below.  You can see mine on my blog.