Friday 30 August 2013

September Calendar

Congratulations to all those who have followed the blog since 1st March.  Well done if you have managed to keep up with the art.  You don't have to try everything.  Just pick and choose the challenges you want to do.

It's that time of the month again when we prepare our art journaling calendars.  The calendar is a project set up by Kate Crane.

At 12 Months in View we are starting a new season in September and for the following two months.  Here in the UK we call it Autumn, elsewhere it's known as Fall.   The colours for the season are orange, mustard, brown and red.  So I used these colours to produce my calendar page.

My journal isn't particularly wonderful quality paper so it doesn't really take to Dylusions Inks.  However I still keep using them.  I used my favourite White Linen to spray through the stencil.

I planned to have leaves on this page but as I cut out the leaves using a Paper Artsy die and my cuttlebug, I realised they looked more like little birds.

Please share your calendar with us.  It is so inspiring and encouraging to see other people's pages.